WE ARE GENUINE IN EVERYTHING WE SAY AND DO.
CSL has the knowledge and expertise to support clients in the field with a resident engineer or clerk of the works. this position is dedicated to assuring the quality and progress of the work site. A clerk of the works from CSL adds another level of loyalty and commitment to our client’s needs. They receive additional cross-training in Mitigation, so they can assist contractors in being proactive with planning, and collaborate with clients in reaching out to the community.
A CLERK OF THE WORKS, OR QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER, TO SUPPORT CLIENTS IN THE FIELD
Given the up-front capital investment clients make, it may be prudent to ensure complete oversight over the field work as it progresses. Here are some of the responsibilities our Clerks do on each project:
- Develop and maintain a thorough familiarity of project drawings, specifications, schedule and owner’s requirements.
- Observe the quality and progress of the construction including adherence to contract documents and schedule. Report any concerns regarding material deliveries, material storage or construction work immediately to the construction manager, provide additional notification as appropriate to the owner, architect, or construction manager.
- Prepare and submit daily reports of construction progress highlighting daily construction activities, personnel on site, subcontractors on site, equipment, deliveries, weather conditions, inspections, test results and other appropriate information.
- Complete a monthly report as required.
- Schedule required/requested inspections in cooperation with the construction manager to provide that inspections are completed in a timely manner.